Online Executive Editor (June 2014-Present); Online Managing Editor (March 2012-June 2014)
Daily tasks • Final edit, fact-check, produce, and manage site content for all GreenGale titles, particularly hamptons-magazine.com (Hamptons), gotham-magazine.com (Gotham), and michiganavemag.com (Michigan Avenue).
• Assign, final edit, fact-check, and produce daily content from freelancers based on Google trending topics.
• Write, self-edit, fact-check, and produce articles in the shelter, style, beauty, dining, and nightlife sectors.
• Monitor site traffic on Google Analytics.
• Promote site content on third-party sources like Outbrain and PubExchange.
• Manage, final edit, fact-check, and produce newsletter content.
• Manage Facebook and Twitter posts for gotham-magazine.com.
• Optimize print articles for online, creating SEO-friendly headlines, entering meta data, and translating articles into a web-friendly design.
• Research, optimize, upload, and tag images.
Site Updates • Key team member in redesigning and relaunching GreenGale’s 11 websites.
• Responsible for communicating relaunch and design updates to external development team.
• Successfully executed content partnerships with sites like Yelp.
• Implemented more efficient protocols for freelancers, fact-checking, and optimizing print content for online.
• Grew volume of daily posts and built more share-worthy, SEO-friendly content across all sites.
Sales/Marketing • Collaborate with ad/sales on sponsored posts and programs for local and national clients.
• Participate in creative brainstorming sessions for RFPs with the marketing team.
• Assist sales/marketing with creating proposal copy and mockups.
Past at GreenGale • Conceived and executed newsletter redesigns.
• Edited, fact-checked, produced, and managed all site content for austinway.com (Austin Way), phillystylemag.com (Philadelphia Style), la-confidential-magazine.com (Los Angeles Confidential) and capitolfile-magazine.com (Capitol File).
• Launched website for austinway.com (Austin Way), GreenGale’s newest title.
February 2012-January 2013
Writing sports content for the site from a female perspective.
March 2010-March 2012
*Shecky's is a now-defunct women's lifestyle, events, and nightlife media company*
• Assign, write and/or final edit, produce and manage all site content, overseeing staff contributors and external contributors.
• Final editing of all Sheckys.com and Sheckysnightlife.com content and newsletters.
• Conduct research and analyze trends using Google Analytics.
• Conceptualize and plan Sheckys.com editorial calendar based on trends via Google Analytics.
• Research, optimize, upload and tag images.
Sheckys.com Re-launch • Created new channel ideas and content organization for June 2010 re-launch. Expanded posts from 20 per week to 28+ per week. Revamped meta-tagging practices to effectively drive traffic.
• Created, edited and managed video scripts for webisodes. Produced videos in conjunction with production team.
• Conceptualized Shecky's National Girlfriend Awards. Managed over 200 products from 170 beauty brands and edited all copy for the Beauty at Its Best Awards. Collaborated on Shecky’s 10-year Anniversary initiative and Shecky’s deals.
Online Community • Successfully increased community engagement by implementing Shecky’s new editorial “Girl Talk” voice, which includes first-person stories applicable throughout Shecky’s 21-39 year-old female audience. Fostered an online community by creating a moderating system and protocol for responding to users.
Social Media • Improved social media community with more posts per day, hashtags, relevance to trending topics and more user interaction.
Management • Recruit, hire and manage interns for the editorial department. Work closely with marketing, public relations, design, production, video and executive departments.
• Manage, schedule and maintain relationships for Shecky’s Contributor Collection of 15+ external contributors. Launched, and currently maintaining, question and answer advice sections such as Ask Our Men.
Emails • Collaborate on and final edit all emails in conjunction with marketing and production teams. Conceive and final edit two editorial emails per week.